Sunday, October 2, 2011

The search for the best RVC in SG

Ever since I came here I have been searching for the best Red Velvet Cake.  The best one that I tried was in Manila during my cousin's wedding and its from Karen's Kitchen. Yummmm i swear it is the most moist red velvet that I ever tasted!! Cream cheese was divine!


You can visit and order from this link (cant click must copy and paste)
http://karenskitchen.com.ph/dotcomdotph

I have tried a couple of cafes that sell red velvet from:

1. Food for Thought (Good food for a good cause) located at 420 North Bridge Rd, North Bridge Centre #01-06. It is in front of the National Library.

http://www.foodforthought.com.sg/fft/home.php

Store front, work stations and the menu
The cake costs around Sgd 5.90. It was dry and I was not satisfied- FAILED
How to eat a red velvet


2. Some cafe beside 313- It was around Sgd 3.85
sorry no pictures because yet again it FAILED my standards

3. Black at 111 Somerset Road

Blackboard menu
Marie ordered cafe latte @sgd 6 while I ordered macchiato @ sgd 4

Black and White

The cake was too tempting not to be ordered RVC @ sgd 6
Moistness level-Check
Rich cream cheese level-Check
Sweetness-Check
PASSED ilene's standards


YUMMY

SPOTTED: Greg Uttsada Panichku aka VJ Utt 
(Stalker mode- was too shy to take this photo but with Marie's help I was able to get some okay shots)


Anyway, will be still searching for the best RVC in town...

No comments:

Post a Comment