Saturday, June 16, 2012

Search for the best Chirashidon

Chirashizushi (ちらし寿司, "scattered sushi") is a bowl of sushi rice topped with a variety of sashimi and garnishes. There is no set formula for the ingredients; they are either chef's choice or specified by the customer. It is commonly eaten because it is filling, fast and easy to make. Chirashizushi often varies regionally. (got this from Wiki)

I like to try different kinds of sashimi thus the chirashi don works well for me. I will be listing down some of the ones i tried for the past month. (in no particular order)

1. Omakase at Greenhills- Php 330 Sgd 10
After my usual Ton Ton's Annapolis massage last week, my dad, sister and I decided to have an early dinner in Greenhills. Aside from the chirashi don we also ordered 3 kinds of sushi: Dynamite roll, American dream and Black angel. The sashimi were okay for me it has a generous amount of uni which is a plus for us. I give this 3 stars out of 5.

Chirashi don




2. Ginza Kuroson at Roberston Quay- Sgd 23.30 (tax included)
 Wanted to explore more of Robertson Quay since it will be our future home (right M and B?). I saw some great reviews about the Chirashi don at Ginza Kuroson so I gave it a try. I was served with salad with super yummy dressing together with miso soup. Then came my bowl which was filled with different kinds of seafood which i dont know what are the names are but it all tasted really good to the point that I dont have to dip them in the soy sauce and wasabi. The dessert was some kind of blueberry pudding which was divine.This set is only available during lunch. I will give this a 4.5 out of 5.

Fisherman's Nagekomi Don $20 with salad, soup and dessert

Address

 Visit them on their website for more details

http://www.kuroson.com/singapore/index.html 

30 Robertson Quay #01-10/11
Riverside View Singapore 238251

Information
TEL:(65)6737 5547
MAIL:kuroson@singnet.com.sg


3.Yakitori Emmaru at Ion

I was in Ion doing some last minute shopping for my brother who wanted some Nespresso capsules. I was looking for anything Japanese so i ended up at Yakitori Emmaru which from its name suggests that it is a Yakitori place. They did not have the Chirashi don so i opted for this dish that is quite close to what I was craving for. The salmon sashimi was really fresh and so was the uni sushi (the best i tasted so far) it melts in your mouth.I will give the salmon/roe don a 4 out of 5.Sgd 21.30 

Salmon sashimi with salmon roe @ $21.20



Uni sushi @ $11 each



4.Sangokai at Beach Road
It was our TGEF (thank god its early friday) so my colleagues and I decided to have dinner first before going to Attica. I love their version since it included 2 kinds of tuna: the normal maguro and yellow fin tuna, squid, shrimp and salmon. I will give this one 3.5 stars out of 5.


Chirashi don @ $19.90
http://www.sangokai.com.sg/
 Visit them on their website for more details

327, Beach Road,
Singapore 199560.
(Opposite Concourse Skyline)
Facebook
tel : 63967009
Fax : 63967010



Operation Hours:
Mon - Sat 11:30am – 2:30pm; 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Closed on every Sun and Half day afternoon of Public Holiday

Central Branch:
203, Upper Thomson Road
(3 mins walk from Long House Hawker centre)
tel : 62517009
Fax : 62517023
Email : ask@sangokai.com.sg

Operation Hours:
Tue – Sun :12: 00pm - 3pm; 6:00pm – 11:00pm
Closed on every Mon.

 yumyumyum,
missilene

No comments:

Post a Comment