Sunday, May 22, 2011

Founder Bak Kut Teh



Haven't posted anything since I started work. But hopefully we'll get our momentum back again =)

What a better way to start again with FOOD!!! haha Over the past months, been able to try more yummy stuff here. Let me begin with...

Founder Bak kut Teh
37 Balestier Road



Bak Kut Teh is one of Singapore's signature dishes. It's basically pork ribs soup. And Founder is one of the most visited place to get this soup.

The place is covered with photos of famous people who went there for their Bak Kut Teh. I honestly don't know anyone from the photos, but I guess they're popular here.

The owner, is the man sitting wearing a green polo. He's always there apparently, still overlooking the operations of the restaurant. AND all the photos in wall, are photos of him with the popular folks.

Back to the food. When you order Bak Kut Teh, it will come with Youtiao, the fried bread. But I of course need my rice!! And some veggies.

Here's the Bak Kut Teh in close up. My ribs unfortunately was not that tender - SAD!!! Saw this place get featured in AFC and when the host was eating his ribs, the meat was falling off the bones. So too bad for me I got the blah ones. The soup is quite good. Simple, I think it's just garlic and pepper. But you'll really feel the warm kind of heat when you eat this. It's not that kind of spicy that burns your tongue. But you'll get heat down your throat, a little tamer than what you'll get from tequila. Haha

Overall, I was not that happy. I mean it's meat and bones in a soup. But I guess some people enjoy that kind of simplicity. This will cost around 10sgd I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment