Monday, November 14, 2011

“But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.” - Carrie Bradshaw

One of my favorite pastimes ever since moving to Singapore 2 years ago was to discover the city by myself. It was something that I forced myself to do because I simply dreaded going out by myself in Manila. I always worried about what I would possibly do when I'm only with myself and what people would think of me (ayyy, loner? :D)

One of my greatest discoveries was seeing myself grow from dreading being alone to enjoying my own company. Tonight was one such night where I strolled off to have dinner by myself at a non-descript Italian restaurant at Taka, Domani.

If you're doing this for the first time, be prepared to see THAT look on people's faces as if they pity you for not having company. You'll soon realize that their looks of pity is a small exchange for the enjoyable time you'll be having with yourself. After all, if you can't bear to be with yourself, how can others bear to be with you?

Tata,

Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment